Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Reasons why I suck at being a grown-up

  • Still can't handle my liquor and not only that should not be partying like a rock star at my age. (Can't remember at least two nights from last week)
  • Incapable of commitment, incapable of making a clean break with my boyfriend
  • Joined a gym last night; celebrated with a giant bag of kettle chips
  • My Bad Guy filter is stuck in the off position and the repairman said it would take at least another 2 years to get the part in
  • I still live in what amounts to a dorm room and yet can't keep it clean
  • Drunk dialing
  • Procrastination
  • Forgot to pay my electric bill as it was buried under Pampered Chef catalog covered in little hearts
  • Writing out blog notes during my work (lunch)
  • General f*ckwittage

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay - so now that you recognize these things what are you going to do about them?

I know it is a billion times easier to say than it is to do, but even the tiniest movement forward is a step in the right direction. Nobody is perfect. If you slip up, recognize it and move forward. Don't get stuck in the cycle of making choices that you are not happy with only because you think that is what you deserve or all that you are capable of doing. That, my friend, is horse shit. You are crazy talented, foxy, funny, and as determined as a mule! At the risk of sounding cliche- you really can do anything you put your mind to! Go, Danni, go!

-L

Anonymous said...

The only thing wrong with procrastination is that the repairman for the Bad Guy filter appears to be suffering from it.

Or he's one of the Bad Guys. Either way, use a taser on him. Tasing the deserving is entertaining, and boosts self-esteem.

BDLine.net Danni said...

I love to taser people, especially LaToya Jackson. I don't know what I'm going to do from here. This was the life I built moving into Denver so it's weird for me to be thinking these things over.

For tonight my plan of action is to have a beer and love me some puppy.

Ferg said...

I'm with L...
It is one thing to make lists...
It's another to move on them.

You and I both you know you've *got* the moves, baby...what will you do with them?

BDLine.net Danni said...

I love it, this is like group therapy.