Why pamcakes? This is a specialty dish of Neil and a traditional Borderline breakfast meal.
Insider fact: Two pamcakes and a scrambled egg make up the favorite breakfast of Borderline's Lynn. Borderliners refer to pancakes as "pamcakes"; referenced in one of the earliest episodes nearly two years ago. In the U.S., pancakes can also be referred to as hotcakes, griddlecakes, or flapjacks.
How: low-fat starter mixes are very nice but here's a great recipe if you want to do it the from-scratch way.
- Vegetable-oil cooking spray
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat pancake mix
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 egg (For 33 mg less cholesterol, 0.5 g less saturated fat and 65 mg more omega-3 fatty acids, look for omega-3 specialty eggs. BUY CAGE-FREE Eggs, it's ethically more sound)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup frozen blueberries or frozen strawberries, thawed (optional)
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over low to medium.* Whisk together pancake mix, milk, and egg. Pour 4 medium-sized pancakes (about 1/4 cup batter each) onto the hot skillet. Cook about 3 minutes; flip and cook about 3 minutes more. Serve with syrup (and berries, if desired)
Source: Epicurious Breakfast Special