Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Check it out

I am actually wearing a pair of jean (board-style) shorts today. Yesterday I got my first walk around Cheesman Park, it was absolutely lovely and very warm. I rolled up my pants legs and the glow from my skin blinded 18 runners coming from the other direction. They simultaneously fell to the ground, writhing in agony, screaming, crying and then their eyeballs rolled out and into some dog poo. So, I figure I'd better try to give them a little light. To my shock an horror, I also realized I hadn't shaved my legs in more than a week and I looked like the Irish Wookie. This morning I spent close to 40 minutes in the shower trying to de-fur myself. How - repulsive. When you're single you don't think as much about these things, or at least I don't. Now, I'm smooth styling.

I rode myself down to the library this afternoon, and gots me a library card! I brought all the necessary paperwork as I don't yet have a Colorado ID. This place is beautiful (beee-u-tee-ful). A nice man helped me find the library, I knew I was close but everything downtown is kind of confusing and I felt like a little kid. It actually wouldn't be a terrible walk to come downtown. I am starting to expand my comfort-zone boundaries. Concentrated in downtown are museums, libraries, theaters, galleries, the Denver School of Art - lots to see and do. Today is nicer than yesterday, if that's possible, and the bike and I aren't having too much difficulty getting around. I think I'm starting to adjust to the altitude.

I know there are SOME people out there who are going to ask me, so I'll be upfront: I wore the fucking helmet, and I looked like a goddamn tool. Happy?!?

No comments: