Monday, February 27, 2006

One McRedBox, and Supersize It


These are new stations, I am told only found at McDonald’s but verification would have required research so word of mouth is good enough for me. RedBox machines sit outside; patrons swipe only a credit card with no membership process required, and select a DVD from the menu on the right. Out of that little slot with arrow pops out a new release! Just for you! Your credit card is charged $1 plus applicable sales tax for each day you have the movie. How do you return it? Same slot! Now you can pick up a soda, cheeseburger and new movie all in one step. The selections weren’t too bad, quite new and I have heard they change frequently. They should, how else would they get you to come back? Billions of dollars…Dammit! This is ingenious! (leaving out my moral contradictions) that is v. cool. I guess the machine is not very reliable and breaks frequently. New Roomie and I went to get one following a much-needed McFlurry run and the machine was out of order. You can bet your sweet bippy I’ll be back to check out that shiznitch.

No comments: