<-- I am going to see these people and more!!
I've booked my first train tickets, I'll be swingin' home for Easter weekend! I have never ridden a train before so I've been on the phone with Amtrak approximately 18 times so far today asking really ridiculous, grandma-like questions. We tease our parents for being technologically archaic, but I might as well have asked the gal today trains ran on their own power or we had to give it a gettin' ready push b/c I have no idea how the trains work.
Things I've learned about riding trains:
1) You are able to use cell phones as service is available
2) There is a dining car AND a "lounge" car (show me the bar, peeps)
3) You can take your bike but it requires the purchase of a "bike box" and a service fee
4) It will take me as much time to ride the train as it would to drive BUT I can fall asleep on the train and probably not kill anyone
5) Only one train goes in and out of each station each direction (NE or SE) each day, so I will be arriving in Omaha at approx 1000 o'clock in the morning (how much does Lynn love me? hmmm...)
6) It's pretty danged cheap